RARE Makoto Hagiwara Japanese Tea Garden San Francisco Ca. Silk Prints 5
RARE Makoto Hagiwara Japanese Tea Garden San Francisco Ca. This is a Great group of Five (I think) wood prints on what I think is raw silk. Prints ar 13 1/2 x 13 1/2" signed, "M. (Makoto) Hagiwara / Japanese Tea Gardens / Golden Gate Park, S. Makoto was the man who desogned the park for the San Francisco Exibition and remained after the fair to expand and manage the gardens.
I do not know if these are from the era of the fair or close to his death in the mid 20s. The silks are in very good. Condition, one is hand tinted the rest are just on colored, they do have some discoloration and some edge damage. Please view photos well as they are my my main form of description, and ask any questions needed before bodding.
Auctiva offers Free Image Hosting and Editing. This item is in the category "Art\Art Prints". The seller is "redneckerson" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Type: Print
- Artist: Makoto Hagiwara
- Culture: Japanee
- Features: Hand Tinted
- Framing: Unframed
- Image Orientation: Landscape
- Item Height: 13 in
- Item Width: 13 in
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Signed: Yes
- Signed By: M. Hagiwara
- Style: Japanese Woodprinting
- Subject: apanese Gardens San Francisco Ca., Japanese Gardens San Francisco Ca.
- Theme: Agriculture, Architecture, Cultures & Ethnicities, Exhibitions, Floral
- Time Period Produced: 1900-1924
- Title: Japanese Tea Gardens